- How We Collect and Use Information
- Sharing of Your Information
- How We Store and Protect Your Information
- Your Choices About Your Information
- Links to Other Websites and Services
- How to Contact Us
1. How We Collect and Use Information
Personally Identifiable Information: We collect information that can be used to identify you as an individual (“Personally Identifiable Information”) only when you provide such information directly to us in connection with the Service.
- Personally Identifiable Information you provide us directly: You aren’t required to provide us with any Personally Identifiable Information in order to use our Service; however, you may choose to provide certain Personally Identifiable Information to us such as your first and last name, birthdate, phone number, ZIP code and email address in response to optional prompts featured on our Service. We may also retain the contents of any messages you send to us or through the Service, and we may collect information you provide in User Content that you post to the Service. If you elect to make a donation or purchase merchandise through the Service, you may also provide us or a trusted third-party provider with the financial information required to process and fulfill your transaction. Finally, we may now or in the future allow Users to create accounts. If you choose to sign up for a User account, we may collect certain Personally Identifiable Information, including your username, first and last name, phone number, and email address. If you sign up for our email newsletter, we will collect your email address.
- Personally Identifiable Information we may receive from third parties: We may now or in the future receive Personally Identifiable Information about you from third parties. For example, if you access our websites or Service through a third-party connection or log-in, for example, through Facebook Connect, by “following,” “liking,” adding an AkkarBakkar application, linking your account to the AkkarBakkar Service, “liking” a particular cause or campaign featured on the Service, etc., that third party may pass certain information about your use of its service to AkkarBakkar. This information could include, but is not limited to, the user ID associated with your account (for example, your Facebook UID), an access token necessary to access that service, any information that you have permitted the third party to share with us, and any information you have made public in connection with that service. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to the AkkarBakkar Service.
- Use of Personally Identifiable Information: We may use the Personally Identifiable Information we collect or receive to communicate directly with you. We may also send you emails containing newsletters, promotions, and special offers. If you do not want to receive such email messages, we will give you the option to opt out or change your preferences. We also use your Personally Identifiable Information to send you Service-related emails or other emails that we believe may interest you (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). You may not opt out of Service-related emails. As discussed below, we may also combine your Personally Identifiable Information with third-party analytics information to build a broader profile of our individual Users.
- Inviting a friend: If you choose to use our invitation service to invite a third party to the Service, we will ask you for that person’s email address and automatically send an email invitation to the invitee. We store this information to send this email, to register the invitee if your invitation is accepted, and to track the success of our invitation service. Unless the invitee becomes a registered User of the Service, we do not use the invitee’s email address for marketing purposes, and we do not share the invitee’s email address with third parties other than AkkarBakkar’s service providers. The invitee may contact us at any time to request that we remove his or her information from our database at [email protected].
Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We also collect and use information about your interactions with the Service in a manner and format that does not identify you as an individual (“Non-Personally Identifiable Information”). We may collect, use, and disclose the following types of Non-Personally Identifiable Information:
- Analytics information. We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, including the web pages you visit, your browser add-ons, your browser’s width and height, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We may collect and use this analytics information together with your Personally Identifiable Information to build a broader profile of our individual Users so that we can serve you better, to improve the Service and for internal business purposes. We may disclose this combined information to our third-party business partners in aggregated, anonymized form as described below in the section entitled “Sharing of Your Information — Non-Personally Identifiable Information.”
- Cookies and localstorage information: When you visit the Service, we may send one or more cookies or local storage files — a small data file containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets AkkarBakkar help you log in faster, enable customized ads, content, and/or services, and enhance your navigation through the site. Local storage or a cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions you take on the Service), and allow us or our business partners to track your usage of the Service over time. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies and local storage can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies and/or local storage or to indicate when a cookie or local storage is being sent. However, some features of the Service may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies or local storage is disabled.
- Log file information: Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you use our Service, our servers (whether operated by us or a third-party provider) automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
- Clear gifs/web beacons information: When you use the Service, we may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons), which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our Users. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our Users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. This information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service. If you wish to disable web beacons, you can do so by turning images “off” in your email client.
- Device identifiers: When you access the Service by or through a mobile device (including but not limited to smartphones or tablets), we may access, collect, monitor, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers,” such as a unique device identifier (“UDID”). Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by AkkarBakkar. A device identifier may convey information to us about how you browse and use the Service. A device identifier may remain persistently on your device to help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the Service. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Location data: When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor, and/or remotely store “location data,” which may include GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device. Location data may convey to us information about how you browse and use the Service. Some features of the Service, particularly location-based services, may not function properly if use or availability of location data is impaired or disabled.
- Rubicon Project’s opt-out page
- Network Advertising Initiative’s opt-out page
- Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out page
- European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out page
2. Sharing of Your Information
Personally Identifiable Information: We will not rent or sell your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties outside AkkarBakkar and its controlled subsidiaries and affiliates without your consent, except as noted below:
- Who we may share your Personally Identifiable Information with: We respect your privacy and encourage sharing of Personally Identifiable Information on an opt-in, case-by-case basis. We may offer sponsored Hollers or prompts on behalf of clearly identified third parties ("Sponsors"). If you elect (opt-in) to provide your information in response to a Holler or prompt, then we may share or sell your Personally Identifiable Information, either alone or together with Service usage and analytics information, with the Sponsor identified and/or any intermediary acting on behalf of that Sponsor. Opting-in for one Sponsor does not mean we’ll share your information with other Sponsors; we’ll ask you again for permission via an opt-in Holler or prompt to share with additional Sponsors. We may also share your Personally Identifiable Information with third-party providers for the purpose of providing the Service to you (i.e., email providers, server providers, etc.).
- Who you may choose to share your User Content with: If you elect to post something in a public area of our Service (for example, by commenting on a post), any Personally Identifiable Information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings. If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users have copied or saved that information.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We may share Non-Personally Identifiable Information, including information obtained through tools such as cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data and clear gifs (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.): (i) in any manner permitted for Personally Identifiable Information; and (ii) with our third-party business partners for the purposes described in the section above on “How We Collect and Use Information.” We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personally Identifiable Information.
3. How We Store and Protect Your Information
Keeping your information safe: AkkarBakkar cares about the security of your information and uses commercially reasonable safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Service. However, AkkarBakkar cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to AkkarBakkar or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes to the functionality of AkkarBakkar’s distributors, such as social networks. AkkarBakkar is not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party.
Compromise of information: In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, AkkarBakkar will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
4. Your Choices About Your Information
Opting out of collection of Personally Identifiable Information: You may, of course, decline to submit any Personally Identifiable Information through the Service, in which case AkkarBakkar may not be able to provide certain services to you.
Opting out of collection of Non-Personally Identifiable Information: Please refer to your mobile device or browser’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies and other tracking/recording tools. Note that disabling cookies on your mobile device or browser prevents AkkarBakkar or its business partners from tracking your browser’s activities in relation to the Service and for use in targeted online advertising. However, doing so may disable many of the features available through the Service. Additional information on opting out of Google Analytics is described in Section 1 in the heading “Google Analytics.”
5. Other Websites and Services
6. How to Contact Us
This policy was last modified on 2nd February, 2017.